Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I am my own person...

I like sundresses, nail polish, lemonade, and pearls.
I like football, and fights, and even though I hate to admit it - I think burps and farts are funny.
I like country music in jeans and a tank top, I like jazz in a slim dress, and just about everything in between.

I have no label.  And I'm ok with that.  Because as my friends will tell you, my label is: superballa.

I may not wear make up often, or look for the most trendy styles, or create beautiful hairstyles often, but when I do, I am very happy.

Enter my new obsession.
Women - this one is for you.  For women who know just enough about hair and make up to get by.  For women who want to add a little flair to their style.  For women with the summertime blues, knowing that they want to savor being a summer girl for just another few short weeks.

The Beauty Department
Lauren Conrad's Website

While I was in high school when Laguna Beach started, and was living the collegiate dorm life with The Hills, I never really got too into the Reality Show Fixations of Lauren Conrad.  But a few things I can assure you. 
1-  She is stunning
2 - She knows what she's talking about
3 - I have had my fair share of unflattering pictures and videos.  I have never seen one of her.  Coinsidence?
4 - She's always rocking the cutting edge, and shares her wisdom with us.
5 - This is the most important I believe - She embraces what she has, and encourages her readers to do the same.  Have thick eyebrows, crazy hair, or non-defined cheekbones?  EMBRACE it woman!

After reading this blog, I'm ready to become an LC Groupie and move to LA!  Thanks for the beauty tips LC!

No comments: