Wednesday, May 20, 2009

In the midst of stress and joyful freedom!

Ok, so the two sound like complete opposites and things that should never exist together, right? Well, wrong.

This week at work will be one of the most stressful weeks I have had. And probably into next week as well. We just recieved directive to hire 50 new people and have them in the pipeline by the end of next week. And in holding true to the nature of big companies, we have to sit through like 985,371 meetings before we can get moving with the process. So now it is a waiting game for me to see where these people should be sitting, and what they should be doing. That being said, I think my Memorial Day weekend is going to be a wash. My boss is already talking about me coming in to work this weekend to "get ir done" for the team. Fortunately it is going to rain on Saturday, so I am not too terribly affected by that plan as long as I can get to Nadine and Jackie on Sunday.

I have had trouble in the past keeping my work life seperate from my personal, and visa versa. I have noticed that at times I care less about my work because of my personal life, and can be more stressed out at home because of work stresses. However, there are such conflicting emotions right now, it is making this very easy!

Currently I am in a mode of jubalint celebration. I say that because of something coming up very soon. This time of year always gets really hard for me, as old temptations come creeping up out of the middle of nowhere. Sometimes it gets really overwhelming and I consider caving in. Usually I forget about the pending date until I get those pangs of temptation, and then struggle my way through it. However, this year I am jubalint. Granted I have had some bouts of intense temptation recently, but have gotten through with prayer and strength from God. Looking back at Jen at 18, I never thought I would see this day. I never thought I would be able to stand so strong and so proud, and have come so far from where I once was. Three years just seemed like the longest time, and the most uphill battle. (Speaking of uphill battle, I also ran 3 miles the other day!!) But all of this has come down to one simple fact about my life. It is not my strength and my decisions and my plan that carries me through, but God's. And to think that for the past three years he has given me this beautiful gift of freedom, is just SO BEAUTIFUL and I am so thankful for that gift.



So let me work hard, get stressed, use that stress to push myself harder... and still rest in the peaceful freedom that I have gained by full faith and reliance on my Savior, Redeemer, Deliverer, and Healer. And to celebrate this freedom, I am going hiking!




Happy Wednesday!

No comments: