Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Finally getting settled...

Wow... what a crazy week it has been!! Last night I finally got to rest for a little bit, and ended up playing on sporcle.com with the girls from the Ashley house for hours!

To recap the ongoings in my life recently, the last week has been spent moving out of our apartment!! Time at 9902 has come to an end, and thus finds me lingering around the Ashley house for a few weeks before again trudging all my stuff up to KF. (Cute nickname for our apt still pending...)

We did not have club last week, which was a little disheartening, especially after a week with low showup and I really wanted to get with the kids and go to games and such, but it just did not happen with the move and everything! So we have another club planned tomorrow and I am just praying that God just uses this club this week as an opprotunity to get back in rythym (both for the kids and the leaders) and that we can all have a blast! I have had to remind myself a few times this week that as hard as I try to be a good younglife leader, my efforts are just that, and I really need to rely on Him to work out the plans he has fit for our kids.

Also, I took my first vacation day! It was GLORIOUS! I left for PA on Thursday after moving the sofa, dinner at chipotle with some way cool YL Leaders, and of course the office (did I mention season finale is this week?!? eekk!) I brought Gracie up to my parent's house and designated Friday as our new mother's day since I would not be around for Sunday. I was able to have lunch with an old friend, and walk through Valley Forge Park with him, catching up on the good old days. And then my mom and I drove to pick up Beth from college. After packing her entire dorm room, we headed back and then just us girls went to a movie and Bahama Breeze to celebrate the mom that we love so much. It really was a great night!

After that, I met up with Jackie and Car and we went out to the bars. I made them go to Stables bar which I have passed countless times in my 22 years in Phoenixville. We were a bit sketched out walking in there, not knowing what to expect, but it was not as creeper as we thought it would be!! (Until some guy brought his headshot and a cd over to us and offered to give Car a free personal concert... We peaced right after that!) But then we headed to some more popular, younger geared bars downtown. It is so weird how much has changed since high school, and also how much hasn't. I am still trying to make sense of that I would need a whole other blog to discuss that, but it was a very weird experience, one that brought me both joy and disappointment.

Saturday was the graduation of one Merri-haris Yeager (Maris). We riled up the complete breakfast along with the Yeager clan and Liz to celebrate the graduation of Maris from Eastern University. After a very wonderful family lunch at Palermo's I said goodbye to my pup and trekked back down to DC. Drove the whole way with the sunroof down, the windows open, the Best of Tom Petty, and some worship music thrown in the mix too. It was a wonderful trip back. Got back on Saturday to organize a few things, throw some stuff in my storage unit, and watch the office with my mac and cheese and a glass of wine.

Sunday was moving day for me, and the whole day was spent packing and moving. I did the whole thing by myself, and was having a pretty rough day because of that. I didn't realize how lonely moving can make you feel, especially when you are doing it on your own. So, I was in a pretty foul mood the whole day, and did not want to keep driving back and forth from goodwill, the storage unit, and then eventually the Ashley house. We lost our soccer game AGAIN, and I definitely snipped at two or three people, being in the crabby mood I was in. I do have to say that I did have some joyful experiences on Sunday. Blaise helped me fit my mattress into my car after the soccer game so I could take it to the Ashley house and have a place to sleep. Unfortunately, Blaise lost his wallet and soccer kleats/had them stolen and so I did end up driving all around Rockville to try to help him find it. It is still missing, and I just have been praying so hard for the poor kid, it is hard to rebuild when you loose all your identity. (He had ids, credit cards, military id, all sorts of stuff in there that is tough to rebuilt after.)

But the most random thing was Sunday when I moved into the Ashley house. Lita was not there at the time, but her housemate April was. She looked a bit familiar when she answered the door, but not so much that I thought I had met her before. Anyway, she offers to help me move some of my stuff, and was so kind and helpful. We start talking about where we are from, and turns out we are both from PA! Ok, so that is not that amazing PA is pretty big and really close the MD/DC area. Then we find out we are both from the Philly area. Still cool, but not a big deal. Then we find out we are from the same hometown, AND WE GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL TOGETHER!!! It was pretty unbelievable that we had that connection, I never would have imagined!

But anyway, fast forward to today, and things are just starting to calm down. I miss my dog a whole lot and am trying to fight the urge to be one of those people that calls 'just to check on her,' but hey, what can I say she is like my kid! Sorry this wasn't a fun post and that it didn't have any pictures, I just thought it might be nice to give an update since it has been a while, and there has been a LOT going on. Crazy!

No comments: