Monday, August 29, 2011

The Ashley House

I have the hiccups while I am writing this.  Just thought you should know.  I've been getting them a lot lately.  I would google or webmd 'constant hiccuping', but I feel as if I will self-diagnose myself with stage 4 fatal-something rather and be paranoid about what it means.  So instead, I'll ignore it for now.  This may just be the beginning of the end for me.  You may see me on a talk show in a year or two talking about how my never-ending-hiccups started.  

But I love my house.  I currently live in a house with 4 other girls.  All between the ages of 23-27.  All awesome.  All beautiful.

I have lived with 8 girls in this house so far.  It's a revolving door of christian girls who come and go as their life stages ebb and flow.  It has been a catalyst to new friends, a bonding agent for current friends, and bridge to strangers who never really were...

Like the day I moved in 2 years ago (just temporarily between leases) and was greeted by a girl we quickly found out was from PA like me!  ... from the Philly area, like me!  ... from the same town as me!  ... from my graduating high school class!  Small world.

Or like how I can go to a party and someone finds out I live at the Ashley house, and people automatically start talking to me about another girl they know/knew who lived here, and what their experience was with the Ashley house and the Ashley house girls.

The joke is that you don't move out unless you are leaving with a ring on your finger (which is not necessarily true!)  This is a sisterhood type bonder.  A non-greek, non-partying your face off sorority.  One where you can always expect an open invite to include great food, great friends, and a great time (so... when are you stopping by?)

But this weekend was just a great weekend of enjoying living at the house.  Our living room and dining room walls needed to be repainted because it was just too beat up.  The walls looked sad and pathetic.  Kev and I taped, sanded, and painted the walls.  I was able to help get everything squared away for the hurricane (which did not hit us hard at all - thank goodness!).  I even came home tonight, looking at our living room and dining room mid-transformation just excited and at peace.  

I also had a great pow-wow one of my housemates, followed immediately with singing a lullaby to another one.  I shred with these girls, cook with these girls, talk about boys with these girls, clean with these girls, run with these girls, and so much more.  

Any Ashley house girl will always hold a special place in my heart.  I am really blessed for my home.

Life is so good.  And I do believe, it's getting better... <3