Tuesday, September 6, 2011

30 before 30

I feel like a kid most days!  I feel like I am on top of the world, ready for any adventure, and that I am not only invincible, but I have the rest of my life to live.

or am I?

25.  It's older than 24.  But is it old?  Mini-crisis of feeling like life is passing by and reminding me to take advantage of every day that I have to live, love, and laugh to the max.
So it's about time I scrub up my bucket list a little bit (You may have seen this posted in my blog a few times in the past).

1- Ride an elephant in the Jungle (Indonesia)
2- Skydiving May 2011
3- Missions trip in a foreign country
4- Hike to the peak of a mountain Spring 2010
5- Take a sailing trip
6- Go on a cross country road trip
7- Learn to drive stick shift (I CAN drive a stick shift, but I want to feel comfortable at it)
8- Kentucky Derby with a big hat
9- Ice skate at Rockefeller at Christmas
10- Ride on the back of a motorcycle
11- Give everything I have to someone (can be everything I can give, everything I have at that moment… I’ll know when it happens)
12- White Water raft on the CO River
13- Run a ½ marathon OR do a sprint triathlon (Signed up for one in October.  It will be a run/walk, but still a 1/2 marathon nonetheless!)
14- Worship with a different culture
15- Dance freely in front of at least 10 people Enter the Haggis concert January 2010
16- Take a helicopter ride
17- Go rock climbing
18- See the Northen Lights
19- Visit and explore Rio de Janerio
20- See Victoria Falls
21- Visit all 50 states
22- Ride the biggest roller coaster in the US
23- Make my own wine
24- Read all 100 books (I have a list of 100 books to read)
25- Not be in control 2010 - the whole year
26- Spend a weekend, just me and God
27- Do God’s will, not my own Younglife again this year!!  Whoooo
28- Help build a habitat for humanity home
29- Spend Christmas at a shelter
30- Make a difference in someone’s life
31- Write and publish a book
32- Watch the 50 Greatest American Movies of all time
33- Be a loving mother and wife
34- Go on a safari
35- Spend mornings with my husband and coffee on the porch
36- Attend a professional tennis tournament
37- Create an art project I can proudly display
38- Live in the now
39- Start a collection of willow angels
40- Watch the mummers parade – live
41- Send my parents to a YL camp as adult guests Northbay Camp June 2010
42- Drop everything to help someone
43- Have a life changing conversation with a stranger about faith
44- Go back to school
45- Stand out of the sunroof of a moving car
46- Grow a garden
47- Sleep under the stars
48- Build or fix something
49- Explore the beaches and ocean of Australia
50- Learn to surf
So since I made this list a year and a half ago, I  have gotten rid of 6 of the 50.  That's not bad momentum, until you realize that most of them were done a year ago.  I am ready to tackle a few more.  And narrow down the list of my life to the list of 30 things to do before I turn 30.  (Some are new and some are borrowed from the list above)

1.  Build a recipe book
2. Spend a whole weekend with just me and God
3. Sleep under the stars
4. Take and survive a yoga class
5. Start my willow angel collection
6. Refurnish/re-upholister a peice of furniture
7. Ice Skate at Rockafeller Center
8. Move out of Rockville, MD
9. Grow a beautiful garden
10.  Lose 20 lbs.
11. Learn to surf
12.  Break 100 bowling
13. Take a gorgeous photo
14. See the Mummer's parade live
15. Join a book club
16. Take a dance class
17. Go to Indonesia or Thailand
18. Do a missions trip in a foriegn country
19. Carve a great jack-o-lantern
20. Fingerpaint with kids
21. Get married (I don't think I get to choose when that happens...?)
22. Do a photoshoot with balloons
23. Go white water rafting on the CO river
24. Wake up looking at the water
25. Manage my time and relationships better
26. Have a real snow day
27. Have a great date day with just my mom and sister
28. Get paid to be creative (even if it's a one-time thing)
29. Take a trip on a whim
30. Buy a house

No comments: