Wednesday, September 28, 2011

For every time there is a season... and blessings...

It's true!


Summer brings sunshine and holidays and long days and warm weather.


Fall brings beautiful colors, leaves, orchards, haunted hayrides, apples, sweaters, costumes, and hiking.
 
Winter brings Christmas, christmas music, peppermint mocha at starbucks, mittens, sledding, cozy fires, and winter sports.



Spring brings birds, and flowers, graduations, rain boots, big puddles, cherry blossoms, baseball, and shedding layers.

But in the biblical sense - we all go through seasons.
Currently I am in a season of refreshment with God and excited for Younglife and my small group to start up again, and I love those seasons.  The new exciting fresh seasons are always the best :-)

And I am currently in a season of working hard.  There is a LOT on my plate at work right now, and while I am not complaining about it, I do have to admit that it is a significant amount of work, and it's challenging to even just keep my head above water.  (To give you an idea, I disabled gchat and facebook for a few weeks until I can get a handle on all this work - it's an unnecessary distraction!)

But yesterday I came home - after a Tuesday that felt like Thursday.  I had been working very hard, trying to get everything done, and then powered up my laptop at home for another couple hours of working.  It wasn't horrific, but I can think of a thousand other things I would have preferred doing.  ... Like hanging out with the boy.  Fortunately for me, I am kinda blessed to have a great guy who made my day easier by picking up groceries, cooking a delicious meal for me (while I worked at the table - girlfriend fail, I know!), and then finally sitting down to eat (I did finally put the laptop away!).  Did I mention he brought me some beautiful flowers?  Did I mention that after dinner he helped me clean out all the expired stuff in my fridge?  Did I mention he also did the dishes?  Did I mention that he took me out for frozen yogurt?  AND THEN, as if the boy hadn't done enough, sat down with me to help me plan out Younglife club this week.

I know what you are thinking.  And yes, it is ok if your head is swirling with 'awwwww's' and you are giggling that our glamorous date night looked a lot less glamorous and more chore-tastic.  But yea... I am pretty blessed to have this guy in my life.  And a guy like that?  A girl's gotta hold on to!  This dreamy choretastic guy is all mine, and I am pretty thankful for that :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to hear thing are going well for you! You and "the boy" make a very cute couple.