Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bye bye fancy apartment!

Ok, who needs a fancy apartment?
Who needs to live directly across the street from the metro?
Who needs to live above the only grocery store that it's ok to buy sushi from?
Who needs to have a walk-in closet bigger than my current bathroom?
Who needs to have a terrace that wraps around the entire apartment?

Ok.  I need to stop now.  I don't need that stuff, but the minute Joe showed me the terrace I was one smitten kitten.  My immediate thought "I could decorate this with bright outdoor furniture, get a fire pit, and make s'mores and sangria.  Parties at my place every summer night."

I already had it decorated in my head.  Took about 30 seconds.  I had bright Adirondack chairs in bright green, yellow, pink, and blue.  A wine table for my sangria that I will inevitably make every weekend.  And a small garden for my herbs and... what else?  Sunflowers.

Problem.  I have no one to move in with yet, and I hear that eating only ramen noodles is not healthy.  Shame too, because I could eat a lot of Ramen on that beautiful terrace.  But Gracie can't.  My poor dog would need to crash diet faster than an Olsen twin.  I can't make her do that.

So, I am probably gonna move back into the Ashley house.  That is, unless God has some grandiose idea he is just waiting to reveal to me in the next month!

So I did would any woman would do when she finds her dream terrace apartment slipping through her fingers, and ready to move into a significantly cheaper home (at least temporarily).

I got a personal trainer and a gym membership.  Or at least I will have tomorrow.  His name is Hoyt, he is 6'5 and blonde and loves the Lord, is super quirky and random like me, and his biceps are the size of my head.

Ok, that's all a lie.

But still, whether I chose the gym where my YL girls go, with the awesome kickboxing classes and spectacular proximity to starbucks and the sushi place, or the gym that is practically right next door and directly on my way to the office... I will have a gym home tomorrow.  And a trainer.  And be on my way to being one super fit, super chic athlete.  

No comments: