Saturday, March 19, 2011

Adventures!!

Yep.  I'm going to here at the end of April.  Oh, and here.  And I get to see some old roommates and younglife friends.  And... maybe I'll go here for a day too, and see this awesome thing.

I'm jumping out of a plane with some friends that I love.

I'm moving into a new house or apartment.

And this morning I signed up for my first ever half marathon.


ahhhhhh!  things are going pretty well you might say.  There is a lot of change going on.  A lot of adventure.  One change coming up is me stepping out of Younglife next year.  Since moving to the DC area I have been a Younglife leader.  And my first year was SO trying.  I felt like no matter what I did, I couldn't break into those girl's hearts.  Well, I figured out why.  I needed to let them break into mine.  And I did.  And I LOVE those girls so much, and am delighted to watch them grow with God after leaving high school.  I had 8th graders who grew into high schoolers, who I have walked through the last 3 years of their lives with.  

So what's next for me?  What's next for them?  I know that leading where I was was NO mistake on God's part, and he reminded me of that every week.  But what now?  This is one adventure I am ready and excited to seek out what he has in store for me.

No comments: