Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Unknown

I like knowing the answers to questions before I ask them.
I like knowing that 1 + 5 = 6.
I like having plans, and seeing that plan work out.

But on the reverse, I like learning new things about a person.
I like when people and things surprise you.
I like that feeling when what you thought you knew about yourself was only a fraction.
I like when things look like they are going to fall apart, but then pull together in a way no one could have expected.
I like adventure, and I like being challenged. 
I like changing up my routine, but need the dicipline of a somewhat structured schedule.

Hi, I'm Jennifer, and I'm a walking oxymoron.

My roommate is getting married 2 months from Sunday.  That is soon.  That means that within about a month and a half, I need to find a place to live, and I need to move there.  I need to pack up my life and move to __________. 

I would really like to have that blank filled in.  There are so many questions right now.  House or apartment?  Nice place where I can LOVE where I live, or decent place where I can AFFORD to live?  Will I live on my own, or with others?  What will my commute to/from work look like?  Will Gracie come right away?  Or will I have to send her up to PA until I can find something more structured? 

I feel like I'm about to dive into the unknown.


I have started looking but it has caused me a lot of anxiety.  I know that I have backup plans, but is a backup plan without my dog really a backup plan?  I'm gonna throw up a hail mary pass right here.  I've seen this before where somehow things just happened to work out with my old roommate KJohns, and I trust that it will happen again - even though I don't know how the game is gonna be played

You know, it's scary - not knowing.  Especially when it is something big like where I will live!   But I have trusted God before when it looked scary, and I am really excited to trust him again!  Time to step to him, and walk on the water and take some bold steps!

Found a cute story when looking for a good image for right here: http://www.marcandangel.com/2009/01/31/how-to-walk-on-water/
However scary it is, I know I'm the person to embrace adventure.  So, I go to my users-guide of life, draw out the map of my adventure, and set off.  (Hint: I've included peices of my map right below here!)
Don't fret or worry.  Instead of worrying, pray.  Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.  Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down.  It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. *Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message)

Therefore, do not be anxious, saying 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' (Or 'Where shall I live?' could fit nicely here)  For they seek after all these things, and your heavenly father knows that you need them all.  But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be provided to you.  Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.  *Matthew 6:31-34 (ESV)

It's nice to not have to worry about things.  To trust that his promises do not fall short.  And in the skydive of life, he's our parachute.  (Have I mentioned I'm going SKYDIVING?!?)

You don't have to tell me how cheesy I am, I already know it.

Life is so good.  And I do believe, it's getting better <3

No comments: