Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dear Future Husband,

So one day you will come around to me, and that's fine, for now you should just take your time, because I have a few other things on my plate right now.  But just so you know from the beginning here is a little bit of what you can expect from me...

I will always let you play sports/watch sports/dress for sports.  Just don't rip on my Philly teams too much or you may find yourself sleeping on the couch.

I don't care if you want to have lazy Saturday mornings, but Sundays - you are taking me to church.

I don't mind being the full time work mom, pick up the kids on the way home mom, the cooking dinner and doing a load of laundry and then putting the kids to bed before I ever think about getting into bed myself mom- as long as you remind me that I'm pretty and that you love me.

I don't care if you think small dogs are pointless.  I do too.

I don't care that you want to have guy weekends, because TRUST me, as much as I love you, I will need a break from you too.

I can hang out with your guy friends, have a beer, and hold my own in the guy arena - but you will ALWAYS need to kill the bugs.

I will wake up before work to work out so I still look like a cute hot wife, but know that my alarm clock only semi-helps, so you may need to intervene.  Every morning.

I know that you may not care about cleaning and hosting and parties, but I do, so pretend like they are awesome.

I will always try to love your mom.

I will wear a dress and listen to country music and dance while I clean the house.  Just embrace it.

I will always insist on singing in the car.  You mind as well get used to it now or purchase earplugs.

I will never drive a minivan.

I expect that you will win when I challenge you to a race or a game of tennis, but you better at least pretend that I might win for a minute.

My idea of a fancy dinner is a hike with a wine picnic - no reservation required.  I love the outdoors.

I will probably not ever watch Star Wars with you.  If you want me to, you better butter me up with lillies or sunflowers first (not roses), and prepare to suffer snuggle through Breakfast at Tiffany's with me.

and finally... the reason for my post today:
I almost like giving back massages more than I like getting them.  I said ALMOST.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

That was awesome and made my day! I can't wait for you to look back on this post ;)

Lisa said...

Can I just say how much I love this?! Especially the one about lazy Saturdays but church on Sundays! So, true! I enjoy your blog and hope you have an awesome day!