Thursday, February 3, 2011

I've got that itch...

Winter has been fine this year.  Got some sledding done, built an epic snowman, shoveled my driveway, skied, snowboarded, bundled up with soup and a heating blanket, wore comfy sweats and sweaters, swam in the morning before the sun came up, celebrated Christmas and New Year's and Thanksgiving with people I love and big smile. 

But it's now February.  I am ready for spring and summer to come.

I'm ready for:
Sitting outside at the Rio after church
The Beach
Sundresses
Windows open in my Jeep with Taylor Swift singing
denim skirts
big sunglasses
sunshine
long days
outdoor concerts
barbeques
running without the threat of snowbanks and black ice
races
lemonade and cold bottled water
fresh strawberries
playing tennis and soccer gamesflowers
baseball
Shamrockin Eve and Parade Day in Scranton
the beach
country music
long walks with the pup
summer camp with Younglife
the smell of cut grass
Weekend trips with friends
water ice at Carmen's or Rita's
lower heating bills
Fireflies
the beach
wave runners and water skis
being able to hang out at The National Mall & Sculpture Garden for hours
Wine and picnics with friends
the Fourth of July
baseball - go Phillies
skydiving
hiking
the beach
flip flops

Yea.  I'm there.  Bring it 2011.  The groundhog says spring's comin soon, so let's move it.  I'm there.


No comments: