Friday, June 12, 2009

Pesto or a breakdown...?

So, it is Thursday night, I have just taken the dog for a walk, and I am cooking pasta for a nice grown-up night of teenage mutant ninja turtles and dinner.  The movie is on, Splinter has been kidnapped, the pasta has been boiled, and I am hungry.  So I grab my pesto jar out of the fridge, and the worst thing happened.  IT WAS STUCK.
Not stuck like work at it for 2 minutes and once your hand turns red it pops open.  I mean this sucker was NOT budging.  So here I am, determined to get this pesto open, trying with all my might, different angles, different muscular formations, and still- no budge. 
 Then it happened. 
After continuous minutes of fruitless struggle, I just started to cry.  
I wasn't crying about not having pesto (although I was really excited about it), I thought to myself "If I were married, my husband could open the pesto jar!"

That was all it took.  So complete breakdown over the pesto jar.  I was incredibly embarrassed by this, and it happened to slip today at work to a co-worker.  Apparently this is how it hits women that they are single.  I have had three people validate this with stories today, on how they broke down about being single when they couldn't open the jar!!

So whatever you do, if you are a single lady defeated by the dating game... buy food in boxes.  

No comments: