Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Restlessness

So, I have always been one to get bored easily. I love adventure and thrills and new things, and when I get stuck in the routine, it pretty much drives me wild.

So on the one hand, I moved into the new apt this weekend (pictures to come!) and am so greatful and thankful for that. But on the other hand, I find myself struggling. For the past few weeks I have been feeling so restless in my job. I am just ready to break out of the office, throw the blackberry out the window, and never look back at the laptop.

I do like what I do - a lot. I like the work... I like that it keeps me busy... and I like having a career to develop. But I can't help but nudge that feeling of restlessness. Like I am ready for an unconventional job. A job where I can move around... make a difference... be outside...

As I said, I do love what I do, and for now the plan is to stay here and work as hard as I can at my job. Who knows what will happen in the future; and hopefully it will be after a lot of time and prayer. And hopefully, this nagging feeling will go away... and soon.

Somehow my heart and mind keep going back to wishing that the volunteering that I do in different areas could become my job. Like I said, who knows what the future brings...

1 comment:

Hailey said...

the Lord moves in willing hearts. :) recognizing your restlessness is key.