Monday, June 15, 2009

MAN! Two posts in a week...

What a weekend, my goodness!


This was just a beautiful weekend of restfullness and enjoying life one day at a time. And for somone like me who always finds herself dreaming of what is to come, times that really allow you to live in the present are just SUCH a blessing! Friday I went to an event at church of the redeemer, this big mega church in Gaithersburg, and I met some people very similar to me, and think I might go back there again! Then Emily came over and we hung out and watched 21, starring the beautiful (and with an accent to boot!) Jim Sturgess.... yum.


Saturday I knew I would be all sorts of busy, simply running errands all day, but Katie and I went to the farmer's market downtown, which by the way I love. There is nothing like a farmer's market to make you feel fresh and get you excited about the delicious veggies and fruits that we can grow! This may become a regular ritual I am thinking.... :-)


After the farmer's market, I bought my first cowgirl hat, and headed to Virginia for the George Straight concert! Granted I like his music, although I am not the biggest fan, but it was still such a blast, the weather was good, we made some friends, and let's admit it, I am kinda a live music junkie, and don't care who it is! But we sat out on the lawn and got caught in a thunderstorm, which made it so much fun!! (thankfully Kristen had the insight to reccomend wearing a bathingsuit underneath our outfits!) Would love to share some pictures, but I forgot to charge my battery! What a shame!


Sunday I headed to a new church, since I am trying to find one that is a bit more active in the social justice area, although Seneca Creek is really a great community church. I was hoping to go on the weekend of Lindsey's wedding, because all the friends I know that go there were going to be at the wedding, but they all came back Saturday night and were there. I mean don't get me wrong, it was great to have people to sit with, but I sometimes worry about checking out new churches where I already come in with that community, because it is so important to me that a church values and builds that community. All in all, I think I will go back.


And I finally got it!! The picture to complete our living room!! I went to IKEA yesterday and found it. Once it is hung up pictures of our new apartment will FINALLY make it to the blog! (I know all 3 of you that read this will be excited!) But I am so in love with this picture, the only thing we are missing now is the slipcover for the sofa which has been ordered, and we are just waiting for the arrival now! Of course I ran into a friend from Scranton at the IKEA in college park, so we had a nice little catch-up date, and it made the shopping trip only that much more of a joy and success. (Sneak preview of the picture before it goes up in the living room!)
The TerrordacYLs (the soccer team that the YL leaders in our area have) had our last game last night! We have played for the last two months on Sunday nights, and have not won a single game yet. I mean we came close a few times, and even tied last week, but with this week being playoffs, we didn't have too much hope of winning. Especially because half our team couldn't go! So I (being the only girl on our team that could make it) recruited a girl who is probably not only one the better soccer players I know, but also one of the better people, friends, and sister in Christ that I know... My girl Jackie Kahler.
Girl TORE IT UP!
And... we actually won the game!
I mean I suck at soccer but I definitely did my part of taking the Safeway sale on Gatorade and cookie dough, and fulfilling (which I have learned is probably my destiny) as a soccer mom and bringing cookies and Gatorade to the game for my team. I guess no team can be successful without a true soccer mom cheering them on! But it was really nice to win a game, and I am so excited about another season, because even though I suck, I am learning and getting better and am really excited about the game and my team!
So all in all a really great and joyful weekend of sunshine, friends, and laid back events. I love the summer, and just really need to thank God every day for the blessings he's bestowed in my life... <3

1 comment:

Katie said...

It's great to have a fun filled weekend away from work.