Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu... common it had to be done

Ok I understand that at one point in time there was an entire pandemic in the United States which resulted in something like a million flu-related deaths.
However; in the years since, people have still continued to die from the flu.  Approximately 36,000 actually.  So I understand we should be aware of people around us and try to keep ourselves healthy, but it seems to me that people are freaking out.  EVERYTHING is closing (or is requested to be closed) including, but not limited to:
Schools
Company sites
THE BORDER??  <-- I mean really, common!
It's actually THE FLU.  I have heard about this every year since I was a kid.  People get the flu, people get sick, people give their germs to other people.  Why is this a new pandemic?? It isn't even a new strain of influenza!

This whole thing seems sort of a sham to me.  I am not going to stop going out in crowded places just because I am afraid of germs.  Ridic.  

Just needed to get that out there...

bish.gif

1 comment:

Hailey said...

a-freakin-men. you are so right. people are ridiculous and need to CALM DOWN. the end.