Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What a wyld weekend...


I fully expected to return from my Wyldlife weekend ready to write a full blog about how wonderful or stressful or exhausting it was.  But since being back, I am still trying to process through it all.  I mean I have been working with this Wyldlife ministry for months in such the wrong mindset, and not having my heart clearly focused on what God wanted to do through me there.  I simply saw it as doing a favor for Amanda, and leading until they found another leader to take my place.  God has taken this weekend as an opportunity to show me how wrong I was.  And I am so glad for that.
The weather was great this weekend!  So good in fact... the zip line was open.  Almost 80 degrees on Saturday and bright and sunny.  It was like summer camp - condensed.  Anyway, it really solidified why I am doing YL and WL and totally gave me that focus I have on God.  Not that before this weekend I was missing that focus, because I have actually been walking with God quite closely lately, and finding out new things about Him and myself lately.  But he
 reminded me of how important this ministry is.  I mean of how He acts through leaders to reach kids and save their souls, their hearts, their everything, and how great is that to be a part of?  Sometimes I admit, I get involved with YL and do things out of habit, and let the true intensity subside, but really it is so important.  I often think back to my first experience with YL, and how different I am now because of it.

This weekend has also called me accountable for some future decisions I thought I was making for the right reasons, but God has really shown me I may have been very wrong on many of those counts.  So right now I am just praying very hard, and trusting that God will lead me (and heal me in some areas too).
But the basic stuff was that the four girls who went with me were 4 8th grade girls who will be going to my high school next year.  So it was good to know that soon I will be their Younglife leader, and they already feel comfortable around me, and know me, and know they are encouraged to come out again next year, and it makes me happy to see that!  Here are some pictures too, just to check out!  (Top, Julius West girls: Marta, Tori, Megan, & Grace) ( Left: Pale Gulch cabin with pigtails and tattoos for club) (Right: The Blodowski Brothers giving Archie Nemisis a SNUGGIE!)  (Below: Grace going fishing for Karate Training and Wyldlife games)

No comments: