Monday, March 30, 2009

Sundays are my favorite

Sunday mornings are just so wonderful! I am one of those people who really doesn't mind doing the laundry on a Sunday or cleaning the apt. on a Sunday. But recently I have been enjoying Sundays for what they really are - restful. I have not been running or doing Yoga on Sundays... not that I don't let myself, but I also don't make myself. I have this routine where I wake up at 8am-ish and invite the pup into the bed, and watch TV or movies for a few hours and just enjoy what physical blessings I have in my life. I love going to church, and being a greeter has been sooooo wonderful for me! It is so great to be friendly and completely au naturale in the place where I should most be in my element (in the church family).
With the warm and sunshine appearing increasingly often, walks with the pup, coffee and magazines outside at the Rio, and going downtown to hang out on the national mall are going to be more frequently a part of my Sunday routine, and soon the night will be capped off with late night soccer games!
Yesterday, Katie and I went to go look at apartmenets, and I realized that was the first Sunday I had even made plans in almost a month! Shopping for apts was a lot of fun, and we are both so thrilled to say we fell in love with one, and that will hopefully be a good move for us. I have just realized in the past few weeks how much I have fallen in love with this day of the week, and the gift that it is to me each week! (wait til football season starts again too!!)

1 comment:

Hailey said...

my kinda girl. let's have a lazy day together soon!