Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Reality Check

I feel like sometimes we are given these to remind us that life is not all about us.
Well time at 9902 is coming to a close, and so is my time of living with Kyle and Jessica. I have been very excited for a while about this new Christian girl living arrangement and have kind of been taking it for granted as a gift from God. Right now I am finding myself a month and half away from having no place to hang my hat or call a home, and that is fine with me. But I just found a really great townhouse and was really excited about it. But as natural Irish Luck would have it, I found out yesterday that maybe my plans that I had to move in with my one friend would be tossed to the wayside. That being said, currently I may or may not have an identified roommate. This is something that just really rattles me, and sets me in a tizzy of anxiety.
One thing about me is that I like plans. I like to know what is going to happen, and I hate when things change. It has been a major struggle for me in many different areas of my life, especially my faith. Last night I found myself questioning God, and wondering why things have worked out the way they have so far, and trying to convince myself to have faith in his plan and his timeline, rather than my own. But the anxiety is what gets me.
Funny enough, I was looking around for some message boards for local churches to see if any of them had postings for rooming situations. The first website I went to had their verse of the day up there: Philippians 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
I mean if that isn't a boyah! for my reaction, than I don't know what is. It is funny how we choose to close our eyes to what we can't see, and regard them as not what God wants for us, when we really have no idea. It is defnitely going to be a struggle to (again) let the control go to a better navigator than me, but I know it is for the best, He will get me home safely.

No comments: