Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wyldlife and other exciting events

So... I have 4 girls signed up for spring weekend for next weekend!! I can not believe it got here so quickly!! I am quite nervous about it, especially because I barely know most of the girls! I have just gotten names of the key girls down, and think/pray/hope that next weekend will really build those relationships up. I do have Wyldlife this Monday and have to talk this week, and I was going to talk about pressure to conform, but really think that I should do something that will really lead up to Wyldlife weekend camp. Regardless, it will be fun to be at Rockbridge next weekend!
So aside from planning my talk and Wyldlife club this weekend, I have a chockabuck full weekend!! Tomorrow I might go see one of my favorite Summer Staff friends, JACKIE!!!! and I might even bring the pup up with me! Saturday I think I am gonna go shopping (window of course...) with Sarah and maybe out for a bit in the evening, and I think Sunday I am meeting up with Lita about our housing situation and later emily for coffee! I am very excited about this weekend. HOWEVER the most exciting part will be this Monday night. Maris is coming to visit for a day or two! I am very excited about this, and will make sure I spend as much time as possible with her on Monday and Tuesday. I am even going to have her co-lead wyldlife with me on Monday (aka... watch!) I really hope some guys sign up for Wyldlife, because even though everyone will be there for work crew weekend, I would really love to have Nick there as another leader, for some support. I have been told you don't get the chance to sleep even a little bit on Wyldlife weekend, and that makes me nervous...

Anyway, in two weeks, there is quite a big weekend planned. Friday is the YL Banquet, but this is also the same weekend that I have been promising to my Scranton friends and my sister since last fall!! I really don't want to bail on them, I love them all so much and miss them so much these days, but YL is a commitment I made, and one I made happily. I do really want to go to the banquet, and know I should, but also I don't know that I can bail on my friends like that. So I will be praying over it for the next week, and I will have to talk to Stefan and Kristina about it tomorrow at leadership.

Aside from that (and my near death experience this week!) Things are going fairly well, I can not complain a bit. I am planning either a roadtrip to North Carolina in the next month or so, or to Cincinnati. I actually have no desire to go to Cinci, but miss my summer staff friends there a lot, so it might be in the cards. So that is my life at this current point in time. Pretty exciting things happening all around, I am just praying for health after Wyldlife weekend, because if I come back from another WL/YL event seriously sick, my boss will probably hate me... lol.
Peaceeeeee

1 comment:

Hailey said...

ahhh so proud of you!! many good things are in store for you jenn!! we need to catch up soon.