Thursday, February 5, 2009

Great things!

Sometimes I really miss Jay. I still have the letters he would write to me while he was away in Pennsylvania, and he was just such an encouragement to me in my life, and was a large reason I am the way I am today. It is so hard to see someone who gave you so much going through so many tough, hard struggles in life.
I have been bugging Tim to update me on Jay for a while. I finally got one today, and now I am just smiling from ear to ear! Jay is getting surgery on his ankles, so his physical therapists can help him start to stand again! The insurance is helping to provide him the equipment he needs to start walking again, and so that is just so awesomely great! Also, even though he still can't talk, they are getting him a machine to communicate his words! Apparently that specific piece of equipment is very expensive and the insurance won't pay for it, so that puts even more financial stress on his family. However, the progress that he is making is very real, although not fast. I do hope to visit him again, and be able to talk to him again! That day will just be so great!
Such a blessing and a reminder about how great life is!

No comments: