Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's raining glass... Hallelujah

So last night at work, I asked for something very simple. To replace my broken light bulbs in the ceiling of my office.
So I walk into my office this morning delighted to see them working on the lights! I walk around my desk and that is when it happens...

KABLAM!!!






There was a shower of glass in my office. The new lightbulbs fell from my ceiling and narrowly missed me by about a foot!! Not only did they fall from the ceiling, but my ENTIRE office is now decorated with shards of glass... Thankfully, because had that hit my head I would have had a nice trip to the emergency room, courtesy of Lockheed Martin. Well this is just a quick story about my interesting morning!!


And all I can think about is the episode of the office where Stanley has a heart attack, and Michael Scott says "No one should go into work thinking, that is where I might die today..." Ah...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that is ridiculous. Good job maintenance! And you're completely right: an office, is for not dying. An office is a place to... live life to the fullest. To the max. To... an office is a place where dreams come true.

Marissa007 said...

lol I love that episode of The Office! I love the part when they are doing their "relaxation exercise" and Stanley's vital sign monitor thingy keeps beeping everytime Michael goes anywhere near him.

Hailey said...

way to quote the office! love it! :) that is a crazy story, glad you're ok!