Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Is it really only Tuesday...?

Ok so I am ready to put my head through my desk today! New York was so great, but very much so contributed to my lack of sleep that I was already suffering with. Yesterday I of course had to stay up and watch the Eagles kick the pants off of the Browns (honestly I was so tired, I THINK that is who we played, I can't even tell you for sure!) What a terrible week to detox my body from caffeine! I feel like my head is 100 pounds and it is so painful! This is going to be a long week anyway, we will see if I make it. But I think it is really important that I suffer through this for a few reasons, so although Tuesday is looking bleak, I am hoping the rest of the week will get easier and easier.
Tonight is the Christmas party/ Goodbye Amanda party. Wow, it is going to be so weird with her not being here anymore. I hope she and her family have a great life down in North Carolina and that God just blesses them in so many ways. But she was the first "real friend" I made down here, and it is going to be hard to say goodbye to her so soon after meeting her! My Tuesday night small group has for all practical purposes been one of the highlights of my week, week after week. I love the girls I am with, and I just hope this changes the dynamic of our group in a positive and challenging way.
Work is going to kick my butt this week, I have soooo much pressure to get these documents collected from everyone and in such an extreme timeline. I hope work honors the Dec. 26 new Federal Holiday that G. Bush just declared. Because really... that would be so great! It is so hard to believe that Christmas is only one week away! ahhhh!! Yes! Anyway, back to work, our holiday party is this Friday at the Ritz downtown, and I had to do the ultimate embarassing thing, and RSVP for me and a date, and then go back and say, just kidding. No date. Literally Beth looked at me like, ohhhh I am sorry you have no date anymore. Ack! But it is for the best anway, I have to run the welcome table and greet everyone. I feel like it might be awkward, from what Kyle told me about his holiday party I hope not to see any of that. I do not want anyone to be going to the hospital like his, or have scandoulous stories going around the office on Monday. So, here is for a lot of work this week, and having a great holiday party where everyone behaves themselves! *Cheers!*

No comments: