Friday, December 12, 2008

My finest (and hardest) December yet!

December is Christmas!!   Today I am getting ready to go to NYC to visit the kids and to see some friends from college.  I have never been to New York at Christmastime, so I am very excited to go and explore.  I also bought a car 2 weeks ago.  That is right my friends! Dudley the white creeper van is finally gone!  So this new car is beautiful.  I love it.  I named it BDawk (Brian Dawkins)  That brings me to my next big news.  My sister is coming down here for the Eagles Redskins game, and we will be going together! I am so happy about this.  I don't care where I sit or anything, I am just so happy to go and watch the Eagles play live that nothing can stop me!  Also going on is Christmas parties, Younglife, Wyldlife (Brand new!) and the upcoming program launch at work!  Last Tuesday we had a wedding shower for my friend Jess, and it was so nice and fun.  I really love my Tuesday night small group.  I am very much going to miss Amanda when she leaves, and am just relying on God that he mold our small group in a way that glorifies him.  It will be interesting to see how it changes with different leadership.  One thing is for certain that I have really come to love those girls, and in a lot of ways they are what makes me feel like this is home.  I love DC, and I love my job, but it was very hard for me to settle here.  Maybe it was because I had a lot of changes and a lot going on, but now things are finally settling for me.  I just hope I can afford to live through January!  Eagles games, NYC, a new car... ahhhhh I need to stop spending.  I wonder if I should set myself up on a self control plan.  Almost like fasting, but financially.  That is a great idea to pray on, I will keep you posted.  Updates about NYC to follow!

No comments: