Thursday, June 9, 2011

100 degrees and 10 miles an hour... here are my (barely) coherant thoughts

Yet, I did not put up my windows and AC.  Yes, they work.  Yes I was wearing pants and a long sleeved shirt from work.  But you know what I realized?  If you drive an 01 Jeep Cherokee, and then put the windows up and AC on so that you are more comfortable, well then, you probably aren't doing 'The Jeep Thing' right.  So I will roll up my sleeves, blast some classic rock and some sweet shades, and enjoy the sticky heat on the side of my neck.

Blink 182 is back on tour.  I got some knock off ray bans yesterday for free.  Are the 90s returning?  If the answer is yes, then I am very excited!!

I am all about diversity and inclusion - heck I'm in HR after all.  But if all my friends were Eagles and/or Phillies fans, I would be ok with that.

Also, I made a new friend driving yesterday.  He had a big Eagles sticker on his back window so I waved at him, and he looked at me like I was crazy.  But then he saw that I had an Eagles sticker of my own, and the next time he was next to me he honked, opened his window and yelled, "Yea!  Go Birds!"  ... I hate when people knock brotherly love.  We are all about it in Philly.

I am very grateful for my inability to hold a key, hit the right pitch, or sing in tune.  (Not even sure if I said those things correctly.)  But I realized that singing in the car to a favorite song would not be nearly as fun if I was GOOD at singing.  So in the meantime, I am going to ham up my whacked out vocals and belt my jams like I'm Britney Spears.

My work keeps mentioning that they may send me to Djibouti for a week or so.  If I can handle sitting in the Jeep on the beltway in 101 degree heat, going 10 miles an hour or less, I think I can handle the 115 degree Djibouti weather, right?


So if you ever wondered at what I think about while I commute to and from work each day, now you know.  Happy Thursday!  And SKYDIVING ON SUNDAY!!

Life is SO good.  And I do believe it's getting better <3

No comments: