Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Plans...?

There is this song I heard for the first time when I did summer staff with Younglife at SharpTop in Georgia.  The song was written by a man who lost his 4 year old child, lost his home and fortune in the Great Chicago Fire, then sent his family on a boat to Europe and the boat sank and his four daughters all died.
It is a terrible story, but after this, the author creates this beautiful song called 'It is well with my soul.' 
It is a beautiful point when you come through a struggle and can look up at a Holy Creator, and honestly profess that it is well with our souls.
But it is also good to have that peaceful contentment and honesty even when we are not going through tumultuous waters. 

I am excited for the future of Younglife at my high school, and my great high school friends. 
I am excited that a bunch of them are going to camp for a whole week to have a great time and get to know God more closely.
I am excited for a Wegman's date with Emily on Saturday.
I am excited for the Derwood Bible Church softball team to start the season on Saturday.
I am excited for the Phillies v. Nationals game tonight - even though the weather is a bit icky.
I am excited for new friendships, relationships, and just getting to know the heart of people.
I am excited for my family to visit next weekend for Easter.
I am excited for skydiving in 2 months!!
I am excited for my return to social networking.
I am excited for the results I've been seeing with my personal trainer.
I am excited for my trip to Texas 2 weeks from tomorrow!!
I am excited to see old friends, and explore new places.
I am excited to move into the Ashley house in May.
I am excited for the new opportunties that are coming at work.

Things haven't been perfect, but they have been well.  And I love that I can say that, and say that I am abundantly full with feelings of contentment, excitement, joy, peace, and fervor for what is coming up next for me :-)

I have great friends, fellowship, and family, (and most times a great job) and can not wait to be completely enthralled with them all over the next few weeks.



Ok, and so let me also add in here about my most recent obsession.  You have heard me talking about running the Philadelphia Rock'n'Roll 1/2 Marathon in September, and you may even recall reading about getting a personal trainer.  But I have also changed my diet in the last few weeks.  Specifically changed it to incorporate more of the yummy healthy stuff and less of the heavy junky stuff. 
However, this past weekend was so difficult for me.  I went to Younglife's Northbay Camp in northeastern MD and we spent the weekend serving.  (Pictures and stories to follow shortly - I promise!)  But we had Younglife food.  And if you've never had Younglife camp food before let me tell you - they give kids what kids want.  Cake, fried food, greasy food, pizza, baked goods, pretty much everything that will make a grown woman's thighs double in size just by thinking about it. 
But as I came home on Sunday, I was feeling pretty icky.  I thought at first maybe I was just tired, but the more upset my stomach got, the more I realized my body was more or less revolting from all the junk I consumed last weekend.  It was terrible at the time, but it is really refreshing to know that even my body is jumping on board with this whole healthy lifestyle thing.  Like the thought of brown rice and steamed broccoli for dinner beats some boneless buffalo wings by a mile these days!
Needless to say, that my smoothies, salad, over indulgence in water, and roasted asparagus for dinner last night combined with my nice 3.5 mile run (at a 10 min pace - YEA!!) was a welcome feeling after beating up my body all weekend.  Phils game tonight and one-hour-major-butt-kicking-session with Allison tomorrow!

No comments: