Saturday, September 25, 2010

blog via blackberry

So I find myself at Rockville Town Center on a Saturday night waiting for some of my senior high school friends from Younglife. It has been a beautiful day, and although September is almost over, between the sun and the heat you would think summer is still in full swing. As I wait here, in the center of the hub of the town, I have the extreme pleasure of listening to a local jazz/swing band. They have just finished a Miles Davis song, and as I look around, I am humbled.
I enjoy people watching... Always have. But as I sit here looking around I see people. And really see them. And even though they are strangers I wonder if this is the way God sees us, yet knows our heart. I see families, friends, and lovers. I see grandparents, parents, young adults, teenagers, kids, babies, and puppies. I see people whispering, dancing, laughing, riding bikes, jumping, walking, listening, and watching. I hear people laugh, and am reminded of two things. 1) There is love all around me right now, and regardless how terrible things in the world may get, this is what we are made for, and as long as we have the ability to love and laugh, we aren't doing so bad afterall. 2) God is here. Very fully here. Regardless of the beliefs of the people here, I know and trust that in every smile, every relationship, every person, God is present and showing abundantly.
This has been a great and beautiful day for me, and it is not over. I am so encouraged and blessed.

Also, I went to AC Moore and picked up a few crafty things.  One I saw and picked up for one of my younglife girls, and the other was the reason I went.  I know it doesn't look like much now, but it will be a beautiful, vintage looking key hook for the Falcon House.  Once the crackle paint dries, I will be writing the well-known second half of Joshua 24:15.

The Jeff Carpella Band wrapping up the set

People and kids playing around town

Charcoal Younglife love right there.  Made from half-burnt smore sticks.

Fun shirt I found at Target.   Almost bought it, but that would have left less money for...

My new crafts!  Yay, so excited to get back into the creative side!  Can't wait to show the finished product :-)

No comments: