Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The marathon of life and love


I feel like I start more posts with an apology for a lag in updating than necessary. I'll try to work on that...


But wow, what a whirlwind this life has proven to be lately. First, I would like to speak to my accomplishment of my running! Bevin, Ami, and I did a 5K on Saturday, and then last night I ran 4 miles. Training for this 10K is proving to be something that is possible, although it will still be hard work. Hopefully I can avoid hurting myself like I did last time I tried. Anyway, below is a picture of the three of us after our race:





I have really enjoyed that level of activity again, and have really felt so uplifted by running recently. The date for my run is December 13, so be praying!



Another thought on my mind is Fall Weekend. I can not believe a year of leading Younglife has already gone by, and all I can think is "Wow, I am so blessed and grateful - God has truly given me the gift of this leadership position." I thank God for the RM girls every day, and have loved more, grown more, and sought after Him more in the past year. :-) Myself, another leader, and 7 girls are all heading to Younglife's Rockbridge with hope of a fantastic weekend!



This Friday (Nov. 13, 2009) will be the "To Write Love on Her Arms Day" Please check out the website! You may (if you are mom or Hailey) remember reading a post over a year ago referencing this organization and movement. As someone who has a personal belief in this movement, I encourage you to check out the website, learn the story, write love on your own arms, and when someone asks you about it, do not shy away from it. Tell them the story of redemption, and hope, and love. It really can change people's lives.


(http://www.twloha.org/)



After a few weeks of intense spiritual struggle, I have found peace and rest in my heart. Ironically it is not to slow down my life and indulge in less committments. It is to live a life the way I vowed to when Jackie passed away. I still think about that beautiful woman often, and think about how proud she would be of me today as a corporate, independent lady, living out her faith in a very real way. When I feel defeated by my own schedule and committments, I think of her smiling beautiful face. It is because of her that I am able to love my own mother more, strive for what I really want and know I can achieve, and spread joy without ceasing. Yea, sometimes it's upsetting that she never got to see me grow into the type of woman that she knew I was when Craig first brought me home from tennis. But she knows, and everytime I see that willow tree angel, my heart melts for her, and I give thanks to him for the impact she had in my life.



So as I continue to run, I will run the marathon. I will set my goals and not be distracted by the potholes and uphill stints in my run. I will run for that love, that faith, that hope that I have had for myself and seen through others.

1 comment:

Hailey said...

beautiful heart, beautiful woman