Thursday, October 8, 2009

dink, dink, dink, dink...

Jack Bauer has returned!!


Albeit, this time only in my dreams...



Last night I had the best dream - of all times - and just felt the need to blog about it!




So last night, roundabout 4am I was recruited by Jack Bauer. He was in a tight spot, and as it turns out that there was a corrupt embassy holding Peruvian cargo crates of oil that was desperately needed in a hospital across the ocean in Bethesda. (Which, if you know anything about DC, there is no ocean dividing Washington DC and Bethesda...)
And he needed ME.

So there I am, dressed up in my kevlar vest, moving my way through a hidden underground section of the Peruvian Embassy. Jack Bauer and I are working together, one team, to defeat the bad guys.





At one point, Jack turns to me, grabs my shirt and says "We do NOT have time! We need to get this oil out of here and into the hospital now! There is a medical evac passing by here in 3 minutes, take this!" And he hands me this extra strength wire-reinforced rope. So I climb up the ladder in the corner put some explosives on the roof, and grab a wire hanger and my detonator. I fashion the wire hanger to be a cargo carry and tie it to the rope. 20 seconds later, I detonate the roof, and throw the wire/rope up to catch on the runners of the helicopter flying overhead. Next thing you know, I am in the air, fastening the hold between the wire hanger and the rope. I take a deep breath and as we fly over the DC Ocean, I look back at Jack Bauer, hoping - and secretly knowing - that he would be ok. I look forward at the hospital, and knowing that the oil will get back in time, I dive into the ocean. Ready to wash my hands of this mission and be ready and willing for the next time Jack Bauer needs the help of the incincible Jen Potts.

No comments: