Monday, January 19, 2009

Excitement and Adventure!

So sitting on the metro today with Kyle and Danny and Marissa, it came to me... this is the most exciting time of my life!  I feel like I often spend most of my time daydreaming and planning for the future.  Where I will live, what I will do, who I will marry, what I want my family to look like...
But this past week has just been filled with so much joy and excitement it is a bit overwhelming.  Last week I left work early to go meet The Fray with one of my best friends!  It was so beautiful to be there, and honestly, more than being starstruck I was mesmerized by the guitarist.  It was beautiful to sit there in the loft and get to meet other people in DC and listen to the conversation and passion behind a band that I follow and love!
Later I went to Jessica's for a movie and catch up, and do to some bonding with each other.  Of course had an adventurous ride over, turning a 15 minute ride into an hour and a half stressful ride!  I do have to say that when my car was fitzing on the beltway, I was sooooo scared that someone might come up behind me and hit me, but God just blessed me with a lot of peace in my heart.  
Saturday was so wonderful... It was so laid back, I went to the gym and then went to Germantown for the POMs competition, which Richard Montgomery came in First Place!! YEEEAAAAHHH!  I got to see and connect with a lot of my Younglife girls who miss Younglife!  Gosh, I never thought I would be a 23 year old working professional hating midterms! LOL.  But it was sooo great to see them, I am beginning to feel like my relationship with them has finally grown, and it is such a blessing to just witness that!  Afterwards, I had Sarah and Tiger come over and just hang out.  It was so much fun and was just great to have the company
 in such a low key way.
Sunday Jessica left for Scranton, and I met Julia.  Julia posted an ad on craigslist a short time back about a beautiful dog she wanted to go to a great home, and of course I responded.  (I recently made the decision to commit to getting a dog...)  It turns out Julia and I have a lot in common, and she even attends the church I just made my home church!  (Which all in itself was a blessing, it is so much like the church I went to in PA it almost brought tears to my eyes the first week I was there.)  Anyway, Julia is expecting her 4th child under the age of 8 years old, and decided that a dog was not a good idea to focus on.  It was so important to her to find someone who would still be able to keep in touch with the family, and really this worked out in such a God way!  So Sunday was phenomenal because I got to adopt my new yellow lab Daisy!  I am so in love with her already it is ridiculous!
Sunday was not so fun, because of the Eagles game.  I want to say no more on that...
Danny came last night to visit, and he is staying with us for the inauguration.  It was so much fun, again Sarah came over and since we didn't have work today (MLK day) we just stayed up all night watching youtube videos and catching up over glasses of wine.  
Today Kyle and Marissa came back (Marissa is here with us for the inauguration too) and we all went downtown.  DC was so spectacular!  We met with Holly and Sarah and walked through downtown looking at the places and taking pictures.  We metro-ed to Metro Center and walked down Pennsylvania Avenue to the capitol building.  It was so great to enjoy the energy and enthusiasm all around DC, and just to be part of something spectacular!  Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow, but being in DC tonight and being part of the inauguration is just so refreshing to know that I am part of that history!  It is so exciting to be living life, where I am and taking advantage of life, friends, my faith, my role as a younglife leader, and the place that I live.  I have very rarely in my life felt so overwhelmed by the fact that God has just poured beautiful blessings on my life as I am right now.  I am so thankful, and so joyful, and so amazed by what he has revealed in my life, and I am so excited for the rest of it!  

4 comments:

Renee said...

Jenn has a blog! :)
You sound like you are just enjoying life so much.... I'm so glad.
Adorable dog! I used to say that if/when we own a dog, I'd love for her name to be Daisy (but a dog for us is not in the near future...) :)
keep up the good work Jen!

Anonymous said...

i love your new background. it is so classic and beautiful. i love your new dog and cant wait to go down there and see her. i also giggled at the Eagles part bc it was exactly how i react to the whole situtation.

Unknown said...

ooooo one of your besties? can someone say bridesmaid?

Unknown said...

ps the fray was amazing, you better be givin me some sarah lovin soon