Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Updates to my bucket list!

So I have my two lists... my bucket list and my 30 things to do before I turn 30.  Made some updates since turning 25, and still have quite a ways to go!

1- Ride an elephant in the Jungle
2- Skydiving May 2011

3- Missions trip in a foreign country

4- Hike to the peak of a mountain Spring 2010

5- Take a sailing trip

6- Go on a cross country road trip

7- Learn to drive stick shift (I CAN drive a stick shift, but I want to feel comfortable at it)

8- Kentucky Derby with a big hat

9- Ice skate at Rockefeller at Christmas

10- Ride on the back of a motorcycle

11- Give everything I have to someone (can be everything I can give, everything I have at that moment… I’ll know when it happens)

12- White Water raft on the CO River

13- Run a ½ marathon OR do a sprint triathlon
14- Worship with a different culture

15- Dance freely in front of at least 10 people Enter the Haggis concert January 2010

16- Take a helicopter ride

17- Go rock climbing

18- See the Northen Lights

19- Visit and explore Rio de Janerio

20- See Victoria Falls

21- Visit all 50 states

22- Ride the biggest roller coaster in the US

23- Make my own wine

24- Read all 100 books (I have a list of 100 books to read)

25- Not be in control 2010 - the whole year

26- Spend a weekend, just me and God

27- Do God’s will, not my own Younglife again this year!! Whoooo

28- Help build a home Kevin and I helped build a home in GA and plan to return :-)

29- Spend Christmas at a shelter

30- Make a difference in someone’s life

31- Write and publish a book

32- Watch the 50 Greatest American Movies of all time

33- Be a loving mother and wife

34- Go on a safari

35- Spend mornings with my husband and coffee on the porch

36- Attend a professional tennis tournament

37- Create an art project I can proudly display

38- Live in the now

39- Start a collection of willow angels I bought the Sunshine angel this year!

40- Watch the mummers parade – live

41- Send my parents to a YL camp as adult guests Northbay Camp June 2010

42- Drop everything to help someone

43- Have a life changing conversation with a stranger about faith after giving someone a ride to the metro from the Dr's office.  A wonderful woman from Kenya.

44- Go back to school

45- Stand out of the sunroof of a moving car

46- Grow a garden

47- Sleep under the stars

48- Build or fix something

49- Explore the beaches and ocean of Australia

50- Learn to surf

Here is my more immediate list of things to before my 30th.  And with 26 coming up, I guess I need to knock a few more out of here! (Some are new and some are borrowed from the list above)



1. Build a recipe book - started this!  just need to make it prettier :-)

2. Spend a whole weekend with just me and God

3. Sleep under the stars

4. Take and survive a yoga class

5. Start my willow angel collection (see above)

6. Refurnish/re-upholister a peice of furniture

7. Ice Skate at Rockafeller Center

8. Move out of Rockville, MD

9. Grow a beautiful garden

10. Lose 20 lbs.

11. Learn to surf

12. Break 100 bowling

13. Take a gorgeous photo

14. See the Mummer's parade live

15. Join a book club

16. Take a dance class

17. Go to Indonesia or Thailand

18. Do a missions trip in a foriegn country

19. Carve a great jack-o-lantern

20. Fingerpaint with kids

21. Get married (I don't think I get to choose when that happens...?)

22. Do a photoshoot with balloons

23. Go white water rafting on the CO river

24. Wake up looking at the water

25. Manage my time and relationships better

26. Have a real snow day

27. Have a great date day with just my mom and sister Philadelphia premium outlets and dinner.  LOVE.

28. Get paid to be creative (even if it's a one-time thing)

29. Take a trip on a whim

30. Buy a house

1 comment:

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com